Welcome to the Peas Pod

Welcome to the Pea's Pod. This blog is designed to be a light hearted sharing of my thoughts, ideas and adventures as a mommy. I hope that you will find it entertaining and insightful (some of the time) as you join in our roller coaster ride called life in the Peas Pod. If this is your first visit to my blog please read the post entitled Welcome to The Pea's Pod to find out more.



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Good Morning, Good Morning

Wednesday 13 October 2010
It is 6.30am and for what feels like the first time in a long time my son is awake beside me and I actaully feel like I might be able to start the day now. Usually I can't force my eyes open and all I can think is 'please go back to sleep for another hour' - haha like that's going to happen. Isn't it just ironic that when your child has been awake most of the night he wakes up with a big gummy grin on his face and more energy than that ball of pink fuzz they call the Energiser bunny. While you on the other hand look and feel like you've been out partying all night on one of those great nights that ends at 3am at an all night burger joint, you know, one of those places where the burger tastes awesome at 3am but if you had it durimg the day you'd probably feel ill. Unfortunately no such merriment has been had and now the day is about to begin and you can't think of anything worse, not even having to hold the line for city power. Your munchkin is awake and so you need to be to. But on those rare mornings, like this morning, when you feel you may just have gotten a decent (all be it meager) amount of a sleep you can actually get up and sing your good morning song with your child and tell yourself 'today is going to be a good day.' So here's holding thumbs.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. Please know I read every one, even if my tired brain doesn't allow time to respond.