Welcome to the Peas Pod

Welcome to the Pea's Pod. This blog is designed to be a light hearted sharing of my thoughts, ideas and adventures as a mommy. I hope that you will find it entertaining and insightful (some of the time) as you join in our roller coaster ride called life in the Peas Pod. If this is your first visit to my blog please read the post entitled Welcome to The Pea's Pod to find out more.



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taking a job or creating a foundation

Friday 1 October 2010
Today I went off to the preschool to chat to Joan, I was about to turn down a great opportunity. After all I've wanted to work there for a while and a position was opening up at the end of this year. But I knew that taking a job, even a half day one, when Josh was so little would not be right. A long time ago before we started trying for a family I started to adjust my life, to gear towards being a mommy one day. Its what I wanted to do more than anything, more than design or architecture or film or any of the other things I had studied for and thought I would be when 'I grew up'.

One day it became it apparent to me that if God saw fit to grant me a family I would need to align my life to this purpose. So I began to move away from my will and towards his. One of those movements was to find job that I could be passionate about but that would fit into the lifestyle of being a mom. Teaching was a God directed choice. So now here I am choosing whether or not to take a job I would really love, at a preschool with a philosophy I agree with and teachers who are already mentors to me. However when I think it through when I had my son I committed myself to doing what I thought was best for him first.

I believe that being at home for the first threes years of child's life has a huge impact on them. It is during these years that they develop and grow the fastest. All of later life is built on the foundation of those first three years. So that said if I am making the right decision for my son I must decide not to take the job. For as long we can scrap by with the money we have I will be at home with my son making sure he has a well built, steadfast foundation to build his life on.

Another position will open up when the time is right, I truly believe that. But for now I will not be leaving my son with someone else, we made him, God and us, and I am responsible 4 his care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. Please know I read every one, even if my tired brain doesn't allow time to respond.