Welcome to the Peas Pod

Welcome to the Pea's Pod. This blog is designed to be a light hearted sharing of my thoughts, ideas and adventures as a mommy. I hope that you will find it entertaining and insightful (some of the time) as you join in our roller coaster ride called life in the Peas Pod. If this is your first visit to my blog please read the post entitled Welcome to The Pea's Pod to find out more.



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The baby proofing diet

One of my worst habits when it comes to eating when I shouldn't is walking through the kitchen and opening the fridge. Then I simply gaze inside as if gazing into an abyss. If someone walked in on me they'd probably wonder if I was trying to keep cool rather than find something to eat. Sometimes I find something that strikes my fancy and sometimes I just close the fridge and walk away (usually at the end of the month), ok honestly I usually walk away with something, something I don't need. We also have a large pantry cupboard that I do the same thing with. It’s a terrible habit but its been unshakable until now.


We have just baby proofed the house and now I find my favourite kitchen pass time is no longer simple. I can't just walk past the fridge and casually open the door. Now if takes a series of precise hand and finger movements to get the latch open before I can even open the door. By the time I've done the latch tango the 'thrill' of the hunt is over. It turns out its now too much bother. So my advice to all you out there trying to diet is go to a baby shop buy the most complicated latch you can find and put it on your fridge, chances are that now you either couldn't be bothered to try to get in or it will take you so long you'll change your mind about eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. Please know I read every one, even if my tired brain doesn't allow time to respond.