Welcome to the Peas Pod

Welcome to the Pea's Pod. This blog is designed to be a light hearted sharing of my thoughts, ideas and adventures as a mommy. I hope that you will find it entertaining and insightful (some of the time) as you join in our roller coaster ride called life in the Peas Pod. If this is your first visit to my blog please read the post entitled Welcome to The Pea's Pod to find out more.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Storm Clouds

Oh man do I hate storm cloud weeks. We've hit our latest cognitive leap. Here I was thinking 'hey this one hasn't been so bad' then boom I hear thunder over head and lone and behold the storm cloud week begins. My son is clingy (only mommy will do - he actaully clings to my trousers sometimes), easily frustrated, cries more easily and more than usual and, the worst one, for this leap is that he seems to have lost his entire day sleep routine. He was having a 2hr sleep in the morning and then two 45min sleeps after that. Now he can't seem to sleep for more than an hour, even though he's tired and cranky when he wakes up, and we are down to 2 sleeps now. He just refuses to have the late afternoon sleep. This means that he's been awake since around 1 and by the time we hit supper time between 5 and 6 he is exhausted. It takes more patience than a saint and more ingenuity than a great inventor to get his dinner inside him - in fact the other day I had to give up and he just ate a rice cake for dinner (a very balanced meal). I can't wait till the cloud passes and we are back to normal again.

I'm very excited to see the new things his brain has learnt during this leap into the world of categories. Since Friday he's learnt to clap his hands and wave - I'm always amazed at how quickly these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. Please know I read every one, even if my tired brain doesn't allow time to respond.