Welcome to the Peas Pod

Welcome to the Pea's Pod. This blog is designed to be a light hearted sharing of my thoughts, ideas and adventures as a mommy. I hope that you will find it entertaining and insightful (some of the time) as you join in our roller coaster ride called life in the Peas Pod. If this is your first visit to my blog please read the post entitled Welcome to The Pea's Pod to find out more.



Friday, May 20, 2011

Make cheap great big bibs

We were struggling to find nice big bibs that would cover Curious George's front and also make a scoop in his lap to collect food and stop it from mucking up his pants. The really nice ones I found in the shops were too hard (he hates being pricked and pinched in the neck area) or were fabric and so were too expensive to have one for each day.

So I decided to use our old drying up dish towels. With the help of my mom, who did the sewing (I can sew but I never find time to set the machine up), and a bit of creativity I now have 7 bibs which can be used and thrown in the washing machine. I generally use them for breakfast because porridge is particularly messy.

Method:
Take an ordinary dish towel and cut a whole just bigger than the diameter of your baby's head.
Cut the whole 2/3s of the way along in the longest side.
Make a band out of rib trim (found at any fabric store, it’s the stuff they use around t-shirt neck holes).
make the band slightly smaller than the hole you cut as rib trim stretches and you want the hole to sit nicely around baby's neck and not gape too much. 
Attach the band to the hole you've just cut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. Please know I read every one, even if my tired brain doesn't allow time to respond.