Welcome to the Peas Pod

Welcome to the Pea's Pod. This blog is designed to be a light hearted sharing of my thoughts, ideas and adventures as a mommy. I hope that you will find it entertaining and insightful (some of the time) as you join in our roller coaster ride called life in the Peas Pod. If this is your first visit to my blog please read the post entitled Welcome to The Pea's Pod to find out more.



Friday, March 27, 2020

A Time to Remember Interview Answers

So I took my children through the interview and they were intrigued as to why we were doing it and what I was going to do with their answers. I told them I would print their answers and put them in our Corona Time capsule or their memory boxes. Once they realized their answers were important to me they were more than happy to answer the 10 questions. My youngest found one or two of the questions difficult but gave answers after I explained and expanded the questions.

In case you didn't see yesterdays post here are the questions again.


Here are my children's answers to the above questions. Each child's answers told me so much about their personalities. It also gave me some idea of how they are feeling, how I can support them and what they are struggling with the most.

Curious George's Answers (9)

      1.  I think the virus is basically a very bad flu which is extremely contagious and fatal to some people.
2.       Nervous, upset, bored
3.       We had a movie marathon, more time by myself, sleep in later, play more, more TV
4.       One of my best friends moved overseas earlier than expected, missing school, no playdates, more time in the house, less fun than normal
5.       Protect yourself and wash your hands and don’t worry.
6.       Build a puzzle
7.       Friends, playdates, being outside of the house.
8.       That this time never existed
9.       Play dates and cricket
10.   Encourage them, say kind words 

Jelly Bean's Answers (7)


      1. Corona is a virus that is contagious, lots of people can get it, some people die and if you breathe on someone you can get it and it started in China, then it went to japan and then other countries.
2.       Scared, worried, bored
3.       No school work, more playing, mommy is home, we don’t have to go to the shops, we don’t have to get up early.
4.       No going to restaurants, no going out, no play dates, no going out your house, no going shopping for toys
5.       Boring. It was boring because we had to do chores and stay in our bedrooms.
6.       Play board games, have a picnic in our garden, camp in the lounge
7.       Seeing friends, going to Spur and Panarotties and going to Food Lovers Market and going to PicknPay where the ice cream is.
8.       That everybody would have a picnic today together.
9.       Play dates
10.   Cleaning the house, being quiet, obeying the rules, not getting hurt so we don’t have to go to the hospital and praying for the sick, homeless and people who have Corona

      Mr E's Answers (5)

1.       It’s about um people who get sick and people who die.

2.       Happy and sad
3.       People haven’t died, colouring, swimming and playing outside, watching TV, jumping on the trampoline
4.       Can’t play with our friends, no school
5.       That I have been colouring and tracing.
6.       Play a board game with five people. If we have a board game with five people.
7.       Um I miss school
8.       Having tea with anyone
9.       Going to the shops
10.   Not be naughty




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. Please know I read every one, even if my tired brain doesn't allow time to respond.