Welcome to the Peas Pod

Welcome to the Pea's Pod. This blog is designed to be a light hearted sharing of my thoughts, ideas and adventures as a mommy. I hope that you will find it entertaining and insightful (some of the time) as you join in our roller coaster ride called life in the Peas Pod. If this is your first visit to my blog please read the post entitled Welcome to The Pea's Pod to find out more.



Friday, April 10, 2020

I Am Still Here - a teacher's poem

On Tuesday our term will begin. A totally unprecedented term. How do you teach preschoolers online? How do you take Reggio teaching online? On the eve of this new experience I am apprehensive and excited. With that energy I have written this poem to my class, to their parents, to the world. I am still here!

I Am Still Here

I miss my children
I miss my class
So much is uncertain
And there is much to fear
But I am still here
Online now
Through videos and zoom
I will remind them of my love
Through google classroom
I will challenge their minds
I will partner with parents
I am still here
Together we will figure this out
How to bring learning home
My kids will be the guinea pigs
When my lessons get to you
They will be well loved
I am still here
I am afraid of this new thing
I am uncertain what time will bring
But I know that I will try my best
To do the cooking and the cleaning
To do the homeschooling and the teaching
To continue my vocation
I am still here

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment. Please know I read every one, even if my tired brain doesn't allow time to respond.